These resources are geared more to teaching adults than adult ministry in general to help Bible teachers understand the age level characteristics of adulthood and better meet needs, reach and teach adults. You might find the adult ministry resources page on the MinTools.com site helpful if you are looking for adult ministry helps.
Click below to find teacher training resources for the following adult age divisions:
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
General Adult Teaching Resources
- 3 Tips for Teaching Adults
- A Place Adults Want to Be
- A Place Adults Don't Want to Be
- Adult Bible Teachers as Co-learners
- Adults Coping with Life's Responsibilities
- Adults Studying the Bible: Equipping Them Helps
- Adults Studying the Bible: Finding It Useful Helps
- Adults Studying the Bible: Wanting to Know the Author Helps
- FAQ About Teaching Adults
- How to write adult Sunday school lessons in 6 steps
- Jesus Invested Heavily into Adult Ministry
- Lecture is Good to Use with Adults, Right?
- Methods for Adult Bible Classes
- No Choice But to Use Lecture with Adults?
- Object Lessons for Adults?
- The Skillful Use of Questions In Teaching Adults
- Tips for Teaching Adults
- What you need to know as a teacher of adults
- What's needed to run an effective adult Sunday School class? - 20 Components
- 7 Ways of Teaching the Bible to Adults: Using Our Multiple Intelligences to Build Faith by Barbara Bruce
- Adult Sunday School Ministry: The Dynamics of Successful Classes by Wayne Haston
- How to Do Bible Learning Activities: Adult by Ed Steward, Neal McBride, Sherie Lindvall, Monroe Marlowe (may be able to find it used)
- Disciple Making Teachers: How to Equip Adults for Growth and Action by Josh Hunt
- Focus on Adults: A Handbook for Teachers by William P. Campbell (may be able to find it used)
- Ministering to Today's Adults by Kenneth O. Gangel
- R.E.A.L.: Surprisingly Simple Ways to Engage Adults by Group Publishing
- Teaching Adults with Confidence by Dr. Paul J. Loth, Jennifer Jezek, eds.
- Teaching That Transforms: Facilitating Life Change Through Adult Bible Teaching by Richard R. Melick Jr., Shera Melick
- Teaching the Bible to Adults and Youth by Dick Murray
- The Christian Educator's Handbook on Adult Education by Kenneth O. Gangel (editor)
- Tips For Teachers: Adults by Brett Deyoung, Greg Bowman (may be able to find it used)
- Breaking Down the Walls: Teaching Adult Bible Classes by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Adults tend to build walls around themselves that block out unwanted feelings, keep a distance between them and other people, and hide who they really are. In teaching adults this poses a problem because these walls can also keep truth and growth opportunities from getting in. This session will help teachers of adult classes focus on tools they can use to chisel away at those protective barriers.
- Bible Study Discussion Guides: Discussion Guides from Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Bible Studies Guides: Other Bible Study Guides
- DVDs: Adult DVD Video Curriculum
- Sunday School Curriculum: Answers Bible Curriculum by Answers in Genesis
- Sunday School Curriculum: Fearless Conversation Adult by Group Publishing
- Sunday School Curriculum: Standard Lesson Quarterly by Standard Publishing
- Some Outreach Do's & Don'ts for the Adult Classroom by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Some adult church-goers may have grown up in a Christian home and acquired a lifestyle consistent with being a Christian yet never entered into a personal relationship with Jesus. Some might consider themselves Christians simply because they aren't atheists. Teachers of adult classes shouldn't assume all students are true believers in Jesus Christ. This 5 page teacher training worksheet provides seven suggestions, written as do's and don'ts, to implement if you want to reach those who might not truly know the Lord.
- YouTube Video: Adult Learning Styles
- YouTube Video: Sunday School Teacher Training - Teachers are Leaders by Allan Taylor - geared to the adult division of the S.S. (learn from how they do it at this church)
Adult Age Divisions: Younger, Middle-Aged, & Older Adults