In training teachers we can provide training about the effects of the holidays on the classroom but we can also sometimes tailor training to a holiday theme. Let’s use Valentine’s Day as an example. Love and/or relationship building can be the theme.
Variety of ways to use this Valentine’s Day holiday as a means of training and supporting your Bible teachers:
1) Challenge teachers about how they reflect the love of God to their students and/or how well they promote relationship building in the classroom.
- Teacher Training Resource: Does your heart beat with the love of God? Worksheet
- Teacher Training Resource: Teachers Either Block or Promote Community Worksheet
2) Provide reminders about how love is the greatest characteristic they could ever bring to their teaching.
- To Read: Love is the Greatest
3) Give them tips on how to teach about God’s love.
- To Read: Teaching About God’s Love
4) Encourage them to make the most of the holiday through guided conversation and activities.
5) Help teachers make the most of the holiday by pointing them to resource ideas they can use in the classroom for Valentine’s Day.
- Resources: Valentine’s Day Ministry Resources
6) Provide notes of encouragement, affirmation, and appreciation written on hearts or valentines to your teachers as a form of building them up.