Bible teachers might be asked to attend staff meetings, teacher training meetings, or age level division meetings. If strategically planned these meetings can provide opportunity for supportive community as they share with other teachers. Pray for this to be so as busy teachers don’t feel the need for yet another meeting to attend but rather something well worth their time.
How to Pray for Bible Teachers About Meetings They Attend
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (Heb. 10:24-25)
- Pray that Bible teachers make attendance at staff meetings and teacher training a priority.
- Pray that all meetings will be designed to be of optimal benefit to help and encourage them, not to waste their time.
- Pray that the teaching staff can find support and community among each other that helps them learn and grow as teachers.
Above are a few of the requests on May’s prayer guide in the Praying for Bible Teachers Throughout the Year Resource.
Since April begins with the letter A, let’s pray for our Bible teachers this month that they have a sense of Appreciation. Teachers need to be affirmed, not to puff them up but to build them up. A sense of appreciation provides a source of encouragement, helping them know that their “labor in the Lord is not in vain” (1 Cor. 15:58).
Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. (1 Thess. 5:12-13)
Unfortunately, we often don’t express enough genuine appreciation to our teachers so part of praying in this way includes praying for ourselves and the Body to respond as we should. And, let’s pray that teachers don’t get discouraged when they don’t hear words of gratitude and affirmation. Following are a some ideas for how you can pray:
- Pray for wisdom in how leaders can regularly express appreciation.
- Pray that teachers will first and foremost find their worth in the Lord.
- Pray that leaders, students, and the Church as a whole value and express appreciation for the ministry of these Bible teachers.
- Pray that teachers will not let negative feelings overtake them if they are not affirmed as they should be.
Get more ideas in the Praying for Bible Teachers Throughout the Year Guide. The resource isn’t dated so you can begin at any time of the year.
God’s Word says, “Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly” (James 3:1). Certainly a verse like this should encourage us to regularly pray for Bible teachers. The Praying for Bible Teachers Throughout the Year Guide provides you with a tool to do just that. A one page guide for each month gives you a theme for that month beginning with the first letter of the month to help you remember how to pray even without the guide in hand.
Example of How to Pray for Bible Teachers During the Month of March: Mastery
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15)
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (1 Cor. 10:31)
- Pray that Bible teachers will grow in their understanding of God’s Word and how to best teach it to their students.
- Pray that teachers learn new skills and methodology but that it never supplants an accurate representation of God’s Word.
- Pray that teachers look to God to work through their weaknesses (2 Cor. 12:9).
- Pray that teachers sense their accountability before God for both what and how they teach.
The Praying for Bible Teachers Throughout the Year guides are not dated so you can begin with any month of the year. For more ideas of how to pray for Bible teachers mastering their teaching of God’s Word, click on the link to go to the Ministry Tools Resource Center’s main site and order it now.
As we pray for Bible teachers throughout the year, we can use the first letter of each month to provide us with a theme for that month. Focus could be a good one for February. Teachers need to focus on what’s most important — God Himself and His Word.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness … (Matt. 6:33)
Pray for Focus Amidst So Many Distractions
Teachers and students can so easily become distracted so pray for focus. Here are a few ways you can pray:
- Pray that teachers can block out the phone and other distractions as they prepare lessons.
- Pray that teachers constantly pull the class’ focus back on God and His Word.
- Pray that teachers put the focus on God and not their own personalities or methodology.
- Pray that class discussion focuses on God and His Word not mere personal opinions.
- Pray that teachers pay attention to their own lives so students aren’t distracted by hypocrisy.
These are just a handful of the 28 prayer suggestions for the month of February in the Praying for Bible Teachers Throughout the Year Guide about Bible teachers’ need for focus. Click on the above link to learn more about this resource which you can distribute to a prayer support team devoted to praying for your teachers.