Teacher Training Resources for Making the Classroom Conducive to Learning and Good First ImpressionsEncourage teachers to minimize distractions and frustration in the learning process by removing clutter, maintaining good lighting, ventilation, and a comfortable temperature. Encourage them to appropriately decorate and arrange the room to be most conducive to the learning experience.
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
Applicable to All Classrooms:
- Attractive Sunday School Space
- Can't Hang Anything on the Walls? Try These Ideas!
- Ideas & Tips to Create An Inclusive Environment - setting up the classroom to include students with disabilities
- Meeting Space Specifications Chart
- Sunday School Class Arrangement
- The Importance of the Door
- 5 Tips for Better Kids' Classrooms
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Decorate Your Room
- 19 Inexpensive Decorating Ideas for Sunday School Rooms
- Children's Ministry Facility Materials - 2 Year Old Classroom
- Children's Sunday School Room: Does it say "We Care"?
- Circles are Better Than Rows in Children's Ministry
- Decorating Ideas for Preschool and Children's Facilities
- Guidelines for Arranging Rooms for Preschoolers
- How to Decorate a Sunday School Classroom
- Portable Kids' Ministry
- The entrance to your ministry area defines who you are and sets the tone for visiting guests.
- What to Decorate and How to Do It
- Your S.S. Room: Does it say Come In?
Youth (Teens) Classrooms:
- How Do You Setup Your Classroom? - a Lifeway Kids Podcast
- Great Spaces, Learning Places: Creative Environments for Children's Ministry by Jan Hubbard, Dale Olsen
- Ideas: 7 Cool Classroom Door Decorations
- Classroom Borders & Accents
- Inspirational Classroom Furniture, Rugs, and more
- Wall Charts
- Wall Banners
- Bible Wall Maps
- Keys to Unlocking the Door for Good First Impressions by Ministry Tools Resource Center
In this nine page teacher training worksheet teachers will look at four key areas to work on to increase the potential for a positive first impression. These impressions can make a difference on whether students want to be there and can even impact the level of attentiveness they give to the lesson.