Bible Teachers, cultivate your God-given creativity.Creativity can be likened to those light bulb moments that take your teaching to a higher level. Creativity, however, is more than a moment of brilliance to "wow" the students. A creative teacher incorporates elements of creativity throughout the lesson from the introduction to the application. -- All teachers have the potential to be creative because all were made in the image and likeness of God. Help teachers cultivate that creativity.
Click below for more:
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
- 8 Exercises to Strengthen Your Creativity
- 10 Habits of Creativity
- 12 Ways to Sharpen Your Creativity
- A Theology of Creativity
- Benefits of Creativity in the Classroom
- Creativity Counts
- Creativity Cues from God
- Exercises that Increase Creativity
- How to Become More Creative in Your Teaching
- How to Stay Creative in Ministry
- Recharge Your Creativity
- Rediscovering Your Creativity
- Soaking Up Creativity
- Three Creativity Killers
- Creative Teaching by Rusty Van Deusen at the NWCEC, Northwest Christian Education Conference 2008 (on CD and MP3)
- Creative Training for Creative Teaching by Kristy Bowers at the GWCEA, Greater Washington Christian Education Association 2006 (on CD and MP3)
- Teaching Youth Creatively by Greg Carlson at the 2009 Greater Chicago Sunday School Association Conference (on CD or MP3)
Group Training, On Location:
- Teaching With Style DVD Set - Bruce Wilkinson, Walk Thru the Bible
- Sharpening Your Bible Teaching Methods Resource by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Provide training on 57 different Bible teaching methods to help teachers incorporate vareity into their teaching.
- Recapturing Your Creative Spirit with Craig McNair Wilson (may be able to get used on Amazon.com)
- Creative Bible Teaching with Results Workbook by Ministry Tools Resource Center
All teachers have the potential to creatively reach today's students. Through this 73 page teacher training workbook, Bible teachers will learn that creative teaching goes beyond innovative methodology and riveting visualization to affecting the role of the teacher and how one relates to students. Overall goals, view of the teaching-learning process, classroom structure and lesson approach must line up with God and His ways to truly exercise God-given creativity. When that happens, the class will transform into a place where people want to be, where students get excited about learning God's Word and go home equipped to deal with life.
- Creativity: Variety is One Element by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Many elements go into creative teaching with the use of variety being one trait. A look at the possibilities for methodology and audiovisuals in the classroom suggest that the lack of variety is not a matter of limited choices. In this 4 page teacher training worksheet, Bible teachers will look at what might be holding them back from employing more variety.
- Turning the Benefits of Creativity into Reality by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Creativity is important in teaching because of what it potentially brings to the lesson and how it can move students to higher levels of learning. In this 5 page teacher training worksheet, Bible teachers will look at 8 benefits of creativity and consider what it will take to turn that benefit into reality. -- This worksheet uses the acrostic in the article, Benefits of Creativity in the Classroom.