Curriculum needs to be wisely chosen and effectively used. Sometimes Bible teachers must adapt the curriculum, making tweaks, to better fit their situation and/or students.
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
- Sunday School Curriculum Guide - deals mainly with curriculum for children
- Tried and True curriculum evaluation questions
- What to Look for in Choosing Curriculum
- Blame Curriculum If Teaching Not Going Well?
- Check the Vital Statistics
- Teaching Students with Technology: A DVD-driven curriculum can add FUEL to your teaching plan
- Tweaking the Curriculum
- A Lesson Worth Teaching by Ministry Tools Resource Center
This teacher training workbook alludes to the use of printed curriculum presenting the need to "tweak" it if necessary to make it a lesson worth teaching. To know how to "tweak" lessons, one must know the elements that should be a part of teaching God's Word.
- When You Need to Adjust the Curriculum by Ministry Tools Resource Center
This four page teacher training worksheet can be used by an individual teacher but it would also be a good one to use with the whole teaching team for a specific class or age level to work on it together.
- Design for Teaching and Training - A Teacher's Guide: A Teacher's Guide for Interactive Learning and Instruction by LeRoy Ford
- Lesson Preparation & Planning Page on TrainBibleTeachers.com - could find some helps on resources listed on that page