If teachers are afraid, try to identify what is causing the distress. Is it a fear of failure? ... a fear of what others will think? ... a fear of the unknown? Help them work through whatever is specifically bothering them so they don't panic and run. Also, remind them of God's presence and power to help them in time of need.
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
- 3 Ways to Overcome Your Fear of Speaking
- Fear in Serving
- God's Presence: The Defense Against Hindrances
- How Bible Teachers Can Overcome Fear (pdf)
- How to Conquer Fear
- Nothing to Fear but Fear
- Overcoming Fear - not specifically about teaching but has helpful points that teachers need to remember to overcome fear
- The Fear Factor - not specifically about teaching but could help
- Called to Teach ... But Still Afraid by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Bible teachers can learn much from the fears Moses expressed at the burning bush. This 13 page teacher training devotional provides reminders of promises in God's Word we can hold on to today, assuring us of who He is and what He can do through us. We might never have a burning bush experience, but we do have the same God who is just as faithful and powerful today as He was back then.
Teacher Training Blog