Sometimes Bible teachers need a big picture perspective of teaching, perhaps some patterns to model after, or a challenge to be more effective. Help them with specific training topics but don't forget to keep it all under the umbrella of a biblical teaching philosophy and sound teaching principles.
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
- 3 Important Lessons for Bible Teachers from the Master Teacher
- 3 More Important Lessons for Bible Teachers from the Master Teacher
- 3 Tips for Teaching
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Teaching the Bible to Kids - questions apply to teachers of any age
- 8 Keys To Being A Better, More Effective Sunday School Teacher
- 10 Marks of Great Teaching
- 10 Questions You Should Ask After Every Lesson You Teach
- Are Your Bible Teachers Prepared?
- Aware of God's Presence?
- Bible Teaching Demands Accuracy
- Bible Teaching is a Special Divine Empowerment
- Bible Teaching is an Awesome Responsibility
- Bible Teaching Must Equal Bible Living
- Bible Teaching Must Keep the Word Central
- Bible Verses for Bible Teachers
- Checklist for An Effective Large Group Lesson
- Effective Bible Teaching
- God's Presence: The Distinguishing Mark
- Lies Bible Teachers Might Believe
- Make People Think
- Prepare But Expect the Unexpected
- Teaching for Changed Lives?
- Teaching Like Jesus
- Teaching the Whole Counsel of God?
- The ABCs of Great Sunday School Teaching
- We Teach Too Little Because We Try to Teach Too Much
- When your lesson is broken...how to fix it
- Why Facilitators are More Effective than Communicators
- You Teach Even When You Aren't
- God-Centered Bible Teaching - by David and Sally Michael at the Children Desiring God Conference - The MP3 audio of these seminars may be listened to online or can be downloaded ... this concept applies to more than children's classes
- Jesus in the Classroom by Barrie McMaster at the Northwest Christian Education Conference 2011 (on CD and MP3)
- Keys to Effective Teaching by Francis Chan at the 2009 Northwest Christian Education Conference (on CD or MP3)
- Teach as Jesus Taught by Christy Hager & Sheila Halasz at the 2006 Greater Chicago Sunday School Association Conference (on CD)
- Teaching to Transform Lives by Stan Masfield at the 2009 Northwest Christian Education Conference (on CD or MP3)
- Transformational Teaching: Teaching to the Heart by Dr. Michelle Anthony at the 2010 Northwest Christian Education Conference (on CD or MP3)
- Using Jesus' 7 Practices to Maxamize Teaching by Tim Shoemaker at the 2010 Northwest Christian Education Conference (on CD or MP3)
- 32 Ways to Become a Great Sunday School Teacher by Delia Halverson
- Almost Every Answer for Practically Any Teacher by Bruce Wilkinson
- Creative Bible Teaching by Lawrence O. Richards
- Disciple-Making Teachers by Josh Hunt
- Effective Bible Teaching by James Wilhoit, Leland Ryken
- Help! I'm a Sunday School Teacher! by Ray Johnston
- Teaching for Results, Revised Edition by Findley Edge
- Teaching to Change Lives: 7 Laws of the Teacher by Dr. Howard Hendricks
- Teaching Ministry Manual: A Teaching Ministry Primer by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Teaching With All Your Heart: Bringing Curriculum & Class to Life by David E. Fessenden
- The Bible Study Teacher's Guide by Beverly Van Kampen
- The Dirt on Learning by Thomas & Joani Schultz
- The Fabulous Reinvention of Sunday School: Transformational Techniques for Reaching and Teaching by Aaron Reynolds
- The Power of Multi-sensory Preaching and Teaching: Increase Attention, Comprehension, and Retention by Rick Blackwood
- The Seven Laws of the Learner by Bruce Wilkinson
- The Christian Educator's Handbook on Teaching by Edited By: Kenneth O. Gangel, Howard G. Hendricks
- What Every Sunday School Teacher Should Know by Elmer L. Towns
- Why Nobody Learns Much of Anything at Church and How to Fix It by Thomas & Joani Schultz
- The Discover Triad: Three Facets of a Dynamic Sunday School Class by David Francis - says permission granted to copy PDF
Computer - Webinar:
- Teaching For Changed Lives Webinar by Dick Cride from Discipleland
Correspondence Course in Print Format, Independent Study:
- Teaching with Results - Moody Bible Institute
"A study of the principles of Christian teaching and learning, personal Bible study, steps in lesson preparation and planning, classroom management and evaluation."
Group Training, On Location:
- Teaching With Style, DVD Set - Bruce Wilkinson, Walk Thru the Bible
- The 7 Laws Of The Learner, DVD Set - Bruce Wilkinson, Walk Thru the Bible
- The 7 Laws Of The Teacher - DVDs - Howard G. Hendricks, Walk Thru the Bible
Group Training, Outside:
- Teaching With Style Seminar - seminar sponsored by Walk Thru the Bible; To see if a seminar is near your location, click here and look for the seminar with the type 'ST.'
- The 7 Laws of the Learner Seminar - seminar sponsored by Walk Thru the Bible; To see if a seminar is near your location, click here and look for the seminar with the type '7L.'
- Rediscovering the Joy of Teaching by Ministry Tools Resource Center
A free PowerPoint Viewer can be downloaded from the Microsoft site for anyone without PowerPoint installed on their computer.
- Discovery Learning: Activities With A Purpose, Video by Wes Haystead, Sheryl Haystead
- Creative Bible Teaching With Results by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Teaching for Changed Lives by Ministry Tools Resource Center