Teachers have a learning style that will become their default mode in the way they teach if they are not careful. They must remember that many of the students in their class could learn best using a different approach due to the way they think and their sensory preferences.
Awareness is the first step so provide information on the different learning styles. However, they must go beyond simply knowing about how different students best learn to structuring to accommodate these differences.
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
- Teacher Training Smart Pages--Book and CD-ROM - Book with Reproducible Articles & Forms by Sheryl Haystead (See the Table of Contents on that page for articles included on Learning Styles.)
- Are You Using This Effective Teaching Method In Your Children's Ministry?
- How to Identify the Learning Styles of Your Youth
- How to Tailor Your Lessons to Kids' Learning Styles
- Learners: Logical or Musical
- Learners: Physical or Natural
- Learners: Reflective or Relational
- Learning Styles and Lesson Prep
- Learning Styles: Teach like Jesus
- Learning Styles: Teaching Tips
- Left Brain vs. Right Brain
- Teaching Kids Using All Their "Smarts"
- Teaching to Multiple Intelligences in Youth Ministry
- Understanding Different Learning Styles
- What are the Four Learning Styles
- 8 Wonderful Ways KidZ Learn (Garnder's Theory of Multiple Intelligences) by Gordon D. West at the GWCEA, Greater Washington Christian Education Association 2008 (on CD and MP3)
- Modalities in Action by Marlene LeFever at the 2009 Northwest Christian Education Conference (on CD or MP3)
- Multiple Intelligences vs Learning Styles by Mickie O'Donnell at the 2009 Greater Chicago Sunday School Association Conference (on CD or MP3)
- Teaching That Utilizes the Learning Styles of All Children by Dr. Judith St. Clair Hull at the 2006 Greater Chicago Sunday School Association Conference (on CD)
- 7 Ways of Teaching the Bible to Children: Using Our Multiple Intelligences to Build Faith by Barbara Bruce
- 7 Ways of Teaching the Bible to Adults: Using Our Multiple Intelligences to Build Faith by Barbara Bruce
- Learning Styles: Reaching Everyone God Gave You to Teach by Marlene D. Lefever
- Talkers, Watchers, and Doers: Unlocking Your Child's Unique Learning Style by Cheri Fuller
- The Way They Learn by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias
- Online Video: Learning Styles for Children by Dick Crider from Discipleland
- Online Video: Adult Learning Styles
- Online Video: Three Major Learning Styles
- My Style - Their Style by Ministry Tools Resource Center