Teaching Tools to Use for Bible Learning Activities
Puzzles, blocks, or other manipulatives can be used at different times in a lesson to reinforce or help visualize a concept. Work at getting teachers beyond using them simply as time fillers to using them purposefully as teaching tools.
Also Read: Teachers Maximizing Time When Using Puzzles?
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
- Blocks, Puzzles, Other Manipulatives as Bible Learning Activities Download by Ministry Tools Resource Center
(You can order this training document as part of the Bible Learning Activities For Children Training Download which contains a page for 8 different learning activities.)
- Blocks: Blocks and Accessories at S&S Worldwide
- Manipulatives: Different Kinds of Manipulatives at S&S Worldwide
- Puzzles Students Can Make Themselves:
- Puzzle Glue: Mod Podge Gloss / Glue - if making own puzzles using pictures from the curriculum, magazines, photos, etc. cut into puzzle pieces to make sturdier by first gluing pieces to cardboard backing
- Puzzle Storage: Jigsaw Puzzle Mats
- Puzzle Storage: Puzzle Storage Racks & Cases
- Puzzles: Bible Puzzles Free Download (This is to do the puzzle online or on a computer. You can replace puzzles with your own images.)
- Puzzle Templates: Print the template on cardstock or use regular paper and glue it to cardboard. Then glue the picture you want to use to other side or draw a picture on other side and then cut out the pieces. Following are two different templates.
Teacher Training Blog