Using Computers, PowerPoint, Video & More to Teach the Bible
In a "high tech, low touch" world, teachers need to consider ways to implement technology but they also need to remember the primary purpose -- to help people "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
- They will grow in grace in the context of community as personal relationships are built.
- They will grow in knowledge as the Word is kept central.
Technology must be seen as supplemental and never a replacement for these vital elements.
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
General Media Info
- 4 Ways to Share the Gospel With Media-Minded Kids
- 7 Ways to Engage Kids Who are Distracted
- 9 Tips for a Great Media-Based Series - geared to youth
- Beyond the Entertainment Factor When Using Media
- Bible Teachers in a Media-Saturated World
- From Goo-Goo to Google
- How Media Impacts Preschoolers
- How Technology is Changing Millennial Faith
- How to Reach Digital Natives With the Gospel
- Low Tech Teaching in a High Tech World? - Perspective Needed
- Maximize Your Storytelling Using a Multimedia Projector
- Top Tips for Using Video Bible Studies
- Tuned In to Faith Lessons
- Why You Should be Prepared for the Multi-Screen World of Kids
- Outside Tech, Inside Teach by Robert Wallace at the GWCEA, Greater Washington Christian Education Association 2007 (on CD and MP3)
- Teaching from Youth Culture - Music, Movies, & Media by Kristy Bowers at the GWCEA, Greater Washington Christian Education Association 2008 (on CD and MP3)
- Techno-Teaching the Next Generation by Patrice Henderson at the 2009 Greater Chicago Sunday School Association Conference (on CD or MP3)
- Using Technology to Understand & Teach God's Word, by Keith McPhearson at the 2009 Greater Chicago Sunday School Association Conference (on CD or MP3)
- Media as a Bible Learning Activity Download by Ministry Tools Resource Center
(You can order this training document as part of the Bible Learning Activities For Children Training Download which contains a page for 8 different learning activities.)
Computers - Using Software & the Internet
- Teaching with Software - Site says you are permitted to print this document as it is or download it in a Word Document file and make adaptations to your situation to distribute to your teachers.
- How Teaching with Computers Can Improve Relationships in the Classroom
- Ten Most Common Computer Lab Mistakes
- Top 3 Computer Lab Lesson Plan Tips
- Using the Computer to Make Material for Children's Bible Classes
- Making Terrific Handouts: Your Computer + Free Software + Clip Art by Tom Finley at the 2009 Northwest Christian Education Conference (on CD or MP3)
- Using the Internet for Bible Study and Research by Cecilia B. Dennery at the GWCEA, Greater Washington Christian Education Association 2007 (on CD)
- Teaching with Computers in Christian Education by Neil MacQueen
- Equipment: Computers & Accessories
- Software: Bible Reference Software
- Software: Educational Software
- Software: Computer Games
- Pictures and PowerPoint - written about preaching but applies to teaching as well
- Tips for Preparing Your PowerPoint Presentation
- Tips for Presenting PowerPoint Lessons
- How to Use PowerPoint and Other Tools Effectively in Leading Small Groups by Keith McPhearson at the 2009 Greater Chicago Sunday School Association Conference (on CD or MP3)
Video - DVDs
- Do-It-Yourself Video Curriculum
- Teaching students with technology - Using a DVD-driven curriculum
- Teaching with Video