Use Variety & Creativity in Methodology
You will find specific resources for some of the basic methods by clicking on the links below. While the resources on this page address the broad issues of methodology, some do provide helps on specific methods.Also Read:
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
General Info on Teaching Methodology
- Basic Methods - include brief points to consider for lecture, question & answer, group discussion, case study, brainstorming
- Bible Teachers Need to Incorporate Variety into Lessons
- Bible Teaching Methods - Each month a different method is posted from the Sharpening Your Bible Teaching Methods Download.
- Common Teaching Methods
- Engage the Senses
- Low Tech Teaching in a High Tech World? - Methodology
- The Method of the Master
- Thinking about Teaching Methods - This is a part of a series of articles about a variety of different teaching methods. Click Here for the list of articles.
- Using Creative Teaching Methods
Geared to Specific Age Levels
- Adults: Methods for Adult Bible Classes
- Children: Does your children's class have the BLAs?
- Children: Methods for Preschoolers
- Children: Methods for Grade School Children
- Teens: Methods for Teens
- Creative Methods for Teaching Kids by Kristyn Akert at the 2006 Greater Chicago Sunday School Association Conference (on CD)
- interACTIVE: A Teaching Method That Clicks & Sticks by Jerry Blanchard at the 2010 Northwest Christian Education Conference (on CD or MP3)
- New Tools, Tactics, and Techniques for Teaching the Word by William Martin at the 2009 Greater Chicago Sunday School Association Conference (on CD or MP3)
- Creative Teaching Methods by Marlene D. LeFever
- More Than Glue and Glitter by Debbie Trafton O'Neal
- 24 Ways to Improve Your Teaching by Kenneth O. Gangel
- 40 Ways to Teach in Groups by Martha Leypoldt
- Different Teaching Methods - Session 3 of Principles of Bible Teaching - classroom streaming video lessons
Group Training, In-House:
- Interactive Learning: The Latest Classroom Transformer - Scroll toward the bottom of this page and you will find an idea to training teachers for this methodology
- Sharpening Your Bible Teaching Methods Resource Download by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Discovery Learning: Activities With A Purpose, Video by Wes Haystead, Sheryl Haystead - seven key ingredients to conducting effective classroom activities that capture children's attention, make learning fun, and help build positive relationships in the classroom
- Tips for Choosing & Using Methods . . . Consider the Group Factors by Ministry Tools Resource Center