Using a physical object to represent an abstract idea can help clarify the concept or principle by making a bridge to the unknown by using that which is known.
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Object Lessons
- Get Kids Excited About the Bible
- How to Create an Object Lesson for Kids Church
- How to Use Object Lessons
- Jesus' Use of Object Lessons
- Lessons from the Master Teacher on Using Objects
- Object Lessons for Adults?
- Object Lessons in the Old Testament
- Teaching the Bible with Toys
- Why You Should Use Bible Object Lessons
- Why Your Last Object Lesson Failed - and How to Fix It
Object Lessons Primarily Geared to Children:
- Book: A to Z Object Talks That Teach About the New Testament by Susan L. Lingo
- Book: A to Z Object Talks That Teach About the Old Testament by Susan L. Lingo
- Book: Big Book Of Kid Sermons and Object Talks ed. by Sheryl Haystead
- Book: Discover-n-Do Object Talks that Teach About Jesus by Susan L. Lingo
- Book: Edible Object Talks That Teach About Jesus by Susan L. Lingo
- Book: Object Lessons for a Year: 52 Talks for the Children's Sermon Time by David Claassen
- Book: Object Talks from Animals Kids Love by Verna Kokmeyer
- Book: Object Talks from Sports Kids Love by Verna Kokmeyer
- Book: Object Talks from Toys Kids Love by Verna Kokmeyer
- Book: Simple Science Object Talks by Heno Head Jr.
- Book: Super Fun Science: Multisensory Object Talks from the Psalms by Heno Head Jr.
- Book: Who's Who Object Talks That Teach About the New Testament: 23 Cool Characters Your Kids Will Love, Ages 6-12 by Susan L. Lingo
- Book: Who's Who Object Talks That Teach About the Old Testament: 23 Cool Characters Your Kids Will Love, Ages 6-12 by Susan L. Lingo
- Site: Children's Ministry Today Object Lessons
- Site: Grade School Object Talks at Kid's Sunday School Place
- Site: Object Lessons from Apple Sauce Kids
- Site: Object Lessons and Children's Sermons at Sermons4Kids
Object Lessons Geared to Youth:
- Book: Everyday Object Lessons for Youth Groups by Helen Musick, Duffy Robbins
- Book: Faith Metaphors: 50 Interactive Object Lessons for Youth Ministry by Group Publishing
- Book: Uncommon Object Lessons and Discussion Starters by Jim Burns
- Site: Creative Youth Ideas Object Lessons
Object Lessons Geared to Any Age, Including Adults:
- Tips for Using Object Lessons Worksheet by Ministry Tools Resource Center