Prayer is vital to the teaching-learning process. Jesus said, "Apart from me you can do nothing" (Jn. 15:5).
Click below to find training resources for the following:
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
- Teacher Training Smart Pages--Book and CD-ROM - Book with Reproducible Articles & Forms by Sheryl Haystead (See the Table of Contents on that page for articles included on Prayer.)
- Bible Teaching Must be Fueled by Prayer
- Effective Teaching Depends On Prayer
- How to Pray for Your Teaching
- Never try to teach people you have not prayed for
- Praying for Babies and their Families
- Praying for Your Students
- The Power of Prayer (Connecting With Kids)
- Praying for Bible Teachers Throughout the Year Guide by Ministry Tools Resource Center
While this resource is intended for prayer support teams or individuals committed to praying for Bible teachers, it could also be used by teachers to help guide them in how to pray for their teaching as well. It could also be given to teachers as a source of encouragement for how others are praying for them. It includes a one page guide for each month with requests that could be used each day of the month. Each month's requests center around a theme related to a topic that begins with the same first letter as that month.
- Online Video: Becoming a Great Teacher: Prayer by Dick Crider from Discipleland
- Praying Like You Truly Believe HE is the Source of All You Need by Ministry Tools Resource Center
When a teacher truly believe God is the source of all that is needed, then prayer becomes an important part of one's teaching ministry. In this three page teacher training worksheet teachers consider five areas of need in teaching and how God is the source for each of those areas.
- 6 Tips for Praying Along with Children
- Five Ways to Invite Children Into Prayer
- In Children's Groups
- Keeping Prayer a Priority in your Children's Classroom
- Prayer in the Classroom
- Teach small group members to pray
- Teaching Our Children Through Prayer
- Teaching Kids About Prayer, How to Pray
- The Best Ways to Pray with Children
- The transformational class exhibits prayerful dependence
You Might Also Be Interested In: Teaching Students to Pray
Teacher Training Blog