Questions could be either student generated or asked by the teacher. Consequently, teachers must know how to respond as well as how to ask good questions.
Questions could simply be in a question/answer format or with the intent of leading to discussion. Teachers should therefore be familiar with both uses of questions.
Read More: Jesus, the Master Teacher, Used Questions
Also see: Discussions
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
- 5 Questions to Avoid Asking Kids
- 100 Questions Jesus Asked
- Are Questions Better Than Answers? No Question About It
- Asking the Right Questions
- Helping Kids Learn by Asking Better Questions - This article could help all teachers, not just those who teach kids.
- Jesus on Asking Good Questions
- Let Me Ask You Something
- Questions and Answers in Teaching
- Ten Tips for Asking Questions in Teaching Experiences
- The Skillful Use of Questions In Teaching Adults
- Why Asking Questions is the Best Way to Teach
- Why did Jesus ask so many questions?
- Developing the Art of Asking Good Questions by Catherine M. Barshinger at the GWCEA, Greater Washington Christian Education Association 2008 (on CD and MP3)
- Kindle Book: Good Questions Have Groups Talking by Josh Hunt
- How to Ask Great Questions by Karen Lee-Thorp
- Now That's a Good Question: How to Lead Quality Bible Discussions by Terry Powell
- 201 Great Questions by Jerry Jones
- Bible Answers for Almost All Your Questions by Elmer L. Towns
- Good Questions on Belief & Doubt
- Good Questions on Heaven & Hell
- Good Questions on Right & Wrong
- NIrV, Kids' Quest Study Bible: Answers to over 500 Questions about the Bible
- NIV Youth Quest Study Bible: The Question and Answer Bible
- Serendipity Bible: For Personal and Small Group Study by Lyman Coleman
- Tough Questions: How Reliable Is the Bible by Judson Poling
- Work Your Way Through the Lesson with Questions by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Teacher Training Blog