In teaching character development, teachers must be ever so careful to set the goal as Christ-like character, not mere self-improvement. They must also communicate that only through God's power, not self-effort, will students be able to change to become more like Jesus. The Holy Spirit develops the fruit of Christ-likeness within them.
- Character Education a Good Thing?
- Character Education a Good Thing? - Depends on the Standard
- Character Education a Good Thing? - Depends on the Means
- Character Education a Good Thing? - Depends on the Purpose
- Cultivating Godly Character
- Healthy Student Ministries are Character Transforming - though geared to youth ministry, Bible teachers can glean help from it
- Help Students Be Discerning
- The Pursuit of Christian Character (2 Peter 1:5-7) - This article is not about teaching for character development but does help in the understanding of it.
- What's Wrong With Character Education in Children's Ministry?
- Book: The Fruit of the Spirit Is Jesus in Me (Galatians 5:22) - for ages 3-7
- Border: Fruit of the Spirit Straight Borders
- DVDs: Character Builders - for kids
- Lessons for Adults: Character: Reclaiming Six Endangered Qualities - InterActions Series by Bill Hybels, Kevin G. Harney, Sherry Harney
- Lessons for Adults: Fruit of the Spirit - Phyllis J. LePeau , Jack Kuhatschek , Jacalyn Eyre , Stephen Eyre , Peter Scazzero
- Lessons for Adults: Fruit of the Spirit - LifeGuide Topical Series by Hazel Offner
- Lessons for Adults: The Fruit of the Spirit: Growing in Christian Character - Fisherman Bible Studies by Stuart Briscoe
- Lessons for Children: Character by God's Design: Diligence, Faithfulness, Gratitude (Volume 1) - Group Publishing - 13 Sunday school lessons for kids of all ages in one room
- Lessons for Children: Character by God's Design: Trust, Honesty, Obedience (Volume 2) - Group Publishing - 13 Sunday school lessons for kids of all ages in one room
- Lessons for Children: Kids of Integrity - though for parents, you can undoubtedly find ideas for the classroom
- The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students toward Christ-like Character & Conduct by Ministry Tools Resource Center
This worksheet can stand alone or be used in conjunction with the Teacher's Role in Discipling Students PowerPoint presentation as a break-out session or independent study.
- Tips for Teaching about Character Traits Worksheet by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Teacher Training Blog