In a self-centered world, we need to learn to reach out to others. Students need to learn about missionaries and their work but also understand that they too can be sharing Jesus right where they are. Teachers can incorporate this kind of worldview into their teaching of almost any lesson.
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
- 5 Tips to Help Your Kids Get Mission Ready
- Creating Missions Interest with Kids
- Do Your Kids Think Globally?
- Helping Kids Share the Gospel
- Practical Ways to Help Kids Become Mission-Minded
- Raising Kids to Care About Mission
- Supporting Missionary Kids from the Classroom: Brothers, Pray for Us
- Supporting Missionary Kids from the Classroom: Practical Tips for Connecting
- 7 Steps for Equipping Teens to Share Their Faith
- 8 Ways to Get Your Students to Share the Gospel
- How to Produce Evangelistic Students
Helping Any Age:
- Missions in the Classroom - by Julie Varno at the Children Desiring God Conference 2011 (scroll down on that page); The MP3 audio of these seminars may be listened to online or can be downloaded --Free! Handouts can also be printed for the seminars. --- PLEASE NOTE: The sound isn't the best in this audio presentation but may be worth it to provide some ideas.
- Getting Kids Involved in Missions - This is a low cost 35 minute online seminar with printable notes and an audio presentation synced with slides by Child Evangelism Fellowship
- Article: Salvation Explained Through Romans Road Signs - Look for the link toward the bottom of this article for a page you are permitted to print to give to students as a tool for sharing the Gospel.
- Book: 52 Ways to Teach Children to Share the Gospel by Barbara Hibschman
- Book: 52 Ways to Teach Missions by Nancy Williamson - for children
- Idea: Missions Education Idea: Paper Person on a Mission
- The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students in Regard to Outreach by Ministry Tools Resource Center
This worksheet can stand alone or be used in conjunction with the Teacher's Role in Discipling Students PowerPoint presentation as a break-out session or independent study.
Help on leading students into a saving relationship with Christ: Outreach Efforts in the Classroom
Teacher Training Blog