Serving is a way of sharing the love of God with others. Bible teachers need to get beyond simply teaching how to serve to the core motivation for serving.
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
Geared to Any Age:
Geared to Children:
- 5 Ways to Help Kids See the Importance of Serving Others
- A Great Way to Get Kids Involved in Serving
- Helping Children Learn to Serve
- Kids Make a Difference
- Service: Teaching Kids Spiritual Disciplines
- Training Kids for a Lifetime of Service
- What about Children Using Spiritual Gifts?
Geared to Teens:
- 7 Ways for Teenagers to Serve Within the Church
- Unlocking the Heart of a Student (Teens) for Service
- Book of Ideas: Unwrapping the Servant: Teaching Kids to Serve Jesus and Others
- Curriculum for Adults: Everybody Has A Part Adult Curriculum at Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Curriculum for Youth: The Word on Finding and Using Your Spiritual Gifts by Jim Burns
- Curriculum for Youth: Congratulations? You're Gifted! by Doug Fields
- Ideas: Service Projects Ideas
- Spiritual Gifts Survey for Children: Your Gifts for Children: Kid-Friendly Spiritual Gifts Adventure by Church Growth Team Ministry
- Spiritual Gifts Survey for Teens: Your Gifts for Teens: The Easy to Use, Self-Guided Spiritual Gifts Survey by Church Growth Team Ministry
- Spiritual Gifts Survey for Adults: Everybody Has a Part Spiritual Gifts Tests Resource by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students toward Serving by Ministry Tools Resource Center
This worksheet can stand alone or be used in conjunction with the Teacher's Role in Discipling Students PowerPoint presentation as a break-out session or independent study.
Teacher Training Blog