The Bible teacher's life teaches, not just words spoken. Students see the example of the teacher both in and outside the classroom which will either highlight or contradict the lessons being taught. To be an effective model requires the Holy Spirit working in and through the teacher.
- Are Your Teachers Students ... Teachable?
- Looking for Teachers Filled with the Right Qualities?
- Indications Teachers are Filled with the Right Qualities
- Praying for Bible Teachers
Below you will find teacher training resources to help teachers with:
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
- 8 Qualities of a Great Sunday School Teacher
- ABCs of Teaching - geared toward children's teachers
- Accountable Bible Teachers
- Adaptable Bible Teacher?
- Are You A Teachable Teacher?
- Are Your Bible Teachers Prepared?
- Are Your Teachers Consistent?
- Be-Attitudes for Teachers - Each month a different Be-Attitude from the book Be-Attitudes for Teachers is posted on this page.
- Bible Teaching Requires a Good Dose of Humility
- Bible Teaching Requires the Personal Growth of the Teacher
- Conscientious Bible Teachers
- Diligent Bible Teachers
- Faithful Bible Teachers
- Industrious Bible Teachers
- Irreproachable Bible Teachers
- How Enthused are Your Bible Teachers?
- Reasons Bible Teachers Lack Enthusiasm
- Lies Bible Teachers Might Believe
- Secrets of Happy Teachers - geared to children's teachers
- Speaking Types of Spiritual Gifts
- Teacher Acrostic - What's in Your Heart?
- Teachers Reap What They Sow
- Teaching by Example - Paul's Example to Timothy
- Ten Marks of I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. Teachers
- Warning: Your Life Speaks Louder Your Words
- Words & the Teacher's Accountability
- Words & the Teacher's Heart
- Words & the Teacher's Actions
- Take-Out Training for Teachers Book with CD-ROM by Group Publishing - The CD-ROM "contains 16 three-minute sessions in story form that present the qualities that make a good teacher a great teacher! You can make copies of this CD, record it into your ministry's voice-mail system - "press 2 for this month's Takeout Training for Teachers" - or get extra-creative and put it in audio form on your Web site."
- Be-Attitudes for Teachers by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- 10 Marks of Incredible Teachers by Josh Hunt
Group Training Sessions:
- Does your heart beat with the love of God for your students? - by Ministry Tools Resource Center
In this four page teacher training worksheet, teachers use the qualities in 1 Corinthians 13 as a standard against which to measure love for students.
- Teacher Training Smart Pages--Book and CD-ROM - Book with Reproducible Articles & Forms by Sheryl Haystead (See the Table of Contents on that page for articles included on Teachers Role.)
- Bible Teachers' Role as Communicators
- Bible Teacher's Role as a Conduit
- Bible Teacher's Role as a Disciplemaker
- Bible Teachers' Role as Equippers
- Bible Teacher's Role as a Friend
- Bible Teacher's Role as a Model
- Role as a Model Based on Association
- Role as a Model Because of Alignment with Christ
- Role as a Model Determined by Authenticity
- Role as a Model Requires Availability
- Role as a Model through Accommodation
- Bible Teacher's Role as a Motivator
- Bible Teacher's Role as Servant
- Many Roles in Times of Trouble
- The Role of a Bible Teacher
- Called to Teach by William Yount