Don't expect toddlers to sit still for long. Bible teachers of the toddler age division need to learn how to teach and relate with these young children, ages 2-3 years, in ways that accomodate their age level developmental characteristics.
Clicking on the links below could take you to resources on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and resources that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional teacher training resources.
Toddlers: Ages 2-3
- Baby Beginnings Nursery Smart Pages - Book, CD, DVD with Reproducible Articles & Forms by Sheryl Haystead (See the Table of Contents on that page.)
- 3s and 4s and Pre-K, Oh My
- 12 Practical Strategies for Toddler Temper Tantrums
- Reaching Terrific Toddlers: 5 building blocks for teaching toddlers
- Spiritual and Moral Development in Kids
- Tips for Teaching Toddlers
- Let the Little Children Come Workbook by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Jesus knew that young children also needed His touch. He knew that they too needed to be directed toward God. He obviously knew that infants and toddlers do learn. This 55 page teacher training workbook will help you see your role with infants and toddlers as more of a foundation builder than a babysitter.
- Age Level Characteristics: Early Childhood Module Download by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- "Let the little children come to me." --Didn't Jesus know that toddlers are the "terrible two's" and "horrible three's?"
(This module is from the Age Level Characteristics Download which includes 11 age brackets from infants to older adults.)
Other Early Childhood Resources: General - Infants - Pre-Primary
Teacher Training Blog