Teachers have a learning style that will become their default mode in the way they teach if they are not careful. They must remember that many of the students in their class could learn best using a different approach due to the way they think and their sensory preferences.
Awareness is the first step for Bible teachers so it is helpful to learn about the different learning styles. However, they must go beyond simply knowing about how different students best learn to structuring to accommodate these differences.
- Teacher Training Smart Pages--Book and CD-ROM - Book with Reproducible Articles & Forms by Sheryl Haystead (See the Table of Contents on that page for articles included on Learning Styles.)
- 4 Signs You Might Teach A Reflective Learner
- 4 Ways to Know You are Teaching a Verbal Learner
- 10 Ministry Must-Haves to Impact All Learning Styles
- Are You Using This Effective Teaching Method In Your Children's Ministry?
- FAQ About Learning Styles
- How to Tailor Your Lessons to Kids' Learning Styles
- Learners: Logical or Musical
- Learners: Physical or Natural
- Learners: Reflective or Relational
- Learning Styles and Lesson Prep
- Learning Styles: Teach like Jesus
- Learning Styles: Teaching Tips
- Left Brain vs. Right Brain
- Teaching Kids Using All Their "Smarts"
- Teaching to Multiple Intelligences in Youth Ministry
- 7 Ways of Teaching the Bible to Children: Using Our Multiple Intelligences to Build Faith by Barbara Bruce
- 7 Ways of Teaching the Bible to Adults: Using Our Multiple Intelligences to Build Faith by Barbara Bruce
- Learning Styles: Reaching Everyone God Gave You to Teach by Marlene D. Lefever
- Talkers, Watchers, and Doers: Unlocking Your Child's Unique Learning Style by Cheri Fuller
- The Way They Learn by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias
- Learning Styles for Children by Dick Crider from Discipleland
- Adult Learning Styles
- Three Major Learning Styles
- My Style - Their Style by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Teacher Training Blog
- Do This, Don't Do That When Teaching How to Study the Bible
- FAQ About Scripture Memorization
- Bible Verses for Discouraged Teachers