Using Computers, PowerPoint, Video & More to Teach the Bible
In a "high tech, low touch" world, teachers need to consider ways to implement technology but they also need to remember the primary purpose -- to help people "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
- They will grow in grace in the context of community as personal relationships are built.
- They will grow in knowledge as the Word is kept central.
Technology must be seen as supplemental and never a replacement for these vital elements.
General Media Info
- 4 Ways to Share the Gospel With Media-Minded Kids
- 7 Ways to Engage Kids Who are Distracted
- All Eyes on the iTech Generation
- Beyond the Entertainment Factor When Using Media
- Bible Teachers in a Media-Saturated World
- How Technology is Changing Millennial Faith
- How to Reach Digital Natives With the Gospel
- Low Tech Teaching in a High Tech World? - Perspective Needed
- Making Technology Work in your Classroom
- Maximize Your Storytelling Using a Multimedia Projector
- Top Tips for Using Video Bible Studies
- Tuned In to Faith Lessons
- What Tech-Savvy Kids Need From Your Ministry
- Why You Should be Prepared for the Multi-Screen World of Kids
- Media as a Bible Learning Activity Download by Ministry Tools Resource Center
(You can order this training document as part of the Bible Learning Activities For Children Training Download which contains a page for 8 different learning activities.)
Computers - Using Software & the Internet
- Teaching with Software - Site says you are permitted to print this document as it is or download it in a Word Document file and make adaptations to your situation to distribute to your teachers.
- Teaching with Computers in Christian Education by Neil MacQueen
- Equipment: Computers & Accessories
- Software: Bible Reference Software
- Software: Educational Software
- Software: Computer Games
- Pictures and PowerPoint - written about preaching but applies to teaching as well
- Tips for Preparing Your PowerPoint Presentation
- Tips for Presenting PowerPoint Lessons
Video - DVDs
- Do-It-Yourself Video Curriculum
- Teaching students with technology - Using a DVD-driven curriculum
- Teaching with Video