The Bible teacher's life teaches, not just words spoken. Students see the example of the teacher both in and outside the classroom which will either highlight or contradict the lessons being taught. To be an effective model requires the Holy Spirit working in and through the teacher.
- Are Your Teachers Students ... Teachable?
- Looking for Teachers Filled with the Right Qualities?
- Indications Teachers are Filled with the Right Qualities
- Praying for Bible Teachers
Below you will find teacher training resources to help teachers with:
General Thoughts about a Teacher's Character or Inner Being:
- 8 Qualities of a Great Sunday School Teacher
- ABCs of Teaching - geared toward children's teachers
- Attitudes Turn Into Actions
- Be-Attitudes for Teachers - Each month a different Be-Attitude from the book Be-Attitudes for Teachers is posted on this page.
- Bible Teaching Requires the Personal Growth of the Teacher
- Hypocrisy Isn't New
- Hypocrisy is a Heart Issue
- Hypocrisy Affects Our Teaching
- Lies Bible Teachers Might Believe
- Speaking Types of Spiritual Gifts
- Teacher Acrostic - What's in Your Heart?
- Teachers' Influence
- Teachers' Limits
- Teachers' Starting Point
- Teachers Reap What They Sow
- Teaching by Example - Paul's Example to Timothy
- Ten Marks of I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. Teachers
- Words & the Teacher's Heart
- Words & the Teacher's Actions
- Accountability: Accountable Bible Teachers
- Accountability: Words & the Teacher's Accountability
- Adaptability: Adaptable Bible Teacher?
- Adaptability: Perspective Needed to Adapt
- Adaptability: Purpose Behind Adapting
- Adaptability: Particulars of Adapting
- Adaptability: Problems to Avoid When Adapting
- Conscientious: Conscientious Bible Teachers
- Consistency: Are Your Teachers Consistent?
- Diligence: Diligent Bible Teachers
- Enthusiasm: How Enthused are Your Bible Teachers?
- Enthusiasm: Reasons Bible Teachers Lack Enthusiasm
- Faithfulness: Faithful Bible Teachers
- Humility: Bible Teaching Requires a Good Dose of Humility
- Industrious: Industrious Bible Teachers
- Irreproachable: Irreproachable Bible Teachers
- Joyous: Joy Affects Teaching
- Prepared: Are Your Bible Teachers Prepared?
- Teachability: Are You A Teachable Teacher?
- Take-Out Training for Teachers Book with CD-ROM by Group Publishing - The CD-ROM "contains 16 three-minute sessions in story form that present the qualities that make a good teacher a great teacher! You can make copies of this CD, record it into your ministry's voice-mail system - "press 2 for this month's Takeout Training for Teachers" - or get extra-creative and put it in audio form on your Web site."
- Be-Attitudes for Teachers by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Group Training Sessions:
- Does your heart beat with the love of God for your students? - by Ministry Tools Resource Center
In this four page teacher training worksheet, teachers use the qualities in 1 Corinthians 13 as a standard against which to measure love for students.
- Teacher Training Smart Pages--Book and CD-ROM - Book with Reproducible Articles & Forms by Sheryl Haystead (See the Table of Contents on that page for articles included on Teachers Role.)
- Bible Teachers' Role as Communicators
- Bible Teacher's Role as a Conduit
- Bible Teacher's Role as a Disciplemaker
- Bible Teachers' Role as Equippers
- Bible Teacher's Role as a Friend
- Bible Teacher's Role as a Model
- Bible Teacher's Role as a Motivator
- Bible Teacher's Role as Servant
- Many Roles in Times of Trouble
- Role of the Teacher in the Teaching-Learning Process
- The Role of a Bible Teacher
- Called to Teach by William Yount