Teacher training about age level development in general can help Bible teachers better reach and teach their students. Knowing their current age characteristics and needs helps but how much better to also understand the traits of the age they just left and prepare them for their next level of development.
Click below to read about age-levels and teacher training:
- It's a Disservice Not to Train Teachers About the Age They Teach
- Age Level Understanding Helps Teachers Make Truths Relevant
- FAQ about Age Level Issues
Click below to find training resources for the following:
General Training About Age Levels
- FAQ about Age Level Issues
- How to Give Age-Appropriate Answers to Questions About God
- How To Teach Multi-Age Sunday School
- Keeping Everyone Engaged in a Multiaged Environment
- Making Even Well-Known Truths Relevant (Worksheet based on this article listed below.)
- Teaching Tips For Multi-Age Classrooms
- The ABC's of Spiritual Growth: The secret to creating lifelong faith is understanding the ABCs of developmental issues
- One Church, Four Generations: Understanding and Reaching All Ages in Your Church by Gary L. McIntosh
- Wholly Kids by LifeWay Church Resources
- Understanding Age Group Characteristics - This is a low cost 20 minute online seminar designed to equip you to teach specific characteristics of five age groups ranging from babies to young teens with printable notes and an audio presentation synced with slides by Child Evangelism Fellowship
Correspondence Course in Print Format, Independent Study:
- Understanding Students - Moody Bible Institute
"Explores the physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual characteristics of human development from birth through adulthood."
Group Training Sessions:
- Reaching All Age Levels Download by Ministry Tools Resource Center
This resource provides a PowerPoint Presentation you can use with Bible teachers of all age levels together in a group session. The presentation includes 3 breakout sessions wherein you break into groups based on the broad age being taught (preschool, grade school, teens, adults) to look at additional content provided on handouts and to discuss questions that personalize it.
- 13 Very ... Small Group Solutions for Kids by David C. Cook - "ideal for use during adult small groups, at house churches, in Sunday school, and with evening programs in smaller churches. Sessions are geared to a range of ages, and there's almost no prep required."
- All-in-One Sunday School by Group Publishing - curriculum for mixed-age classes of children ages 4 through 12 - "will work in any ministry, but it's especially great for smaller churches that combine classes every Sunday. Also good for large churches that combine ages during summer and for any other multi-age class setting"
- All Together Now by Group Publishing - "for ministries with children aged 4 to 12 (Kindergarten to 6th Grade) ... great resource for smaller churches, midweek services, or anytime you have children of different ages together in church."
- Character by God's Design by Group Publishing - "lessons are created for groups of kids of all ages in one room ... to provide kids with the character qualities they need to each turn into the person God made them to be"
- Grow Together Now by Group Publishing - "Equip kids of all ages in one room with the character qualities they need to grow to be more like Jesus."
- Age Level Characteristics Download by Ministry Tools Resource Center
This resource looks at eleven age levels from birth through senior adults. For each age level you will find an introductory article about that age group, a one page overview of their age level characteristics, and a worksheet with the characteristics to use to assess one's teaching in light of their implications and determine steps to take for improvement.
- Make Truths Relevant for Students - By Understanding Age Level Characteristics & Needs by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Understanding age level developmental characteristics is a good starting point for tapping into the needs and interests of students. In this three page teacher training worksheet, based on the article Making Even Well-Known Truths Relevant, Bible teachers think about characteristics of God students most need to understand based on age developmental needs.
Adult Age Divisions: Early Childhood - Grade School - Youth (Teens) - Adults