These resources are geared more to teaching grade school aged children than children's ministry in general. You might find the children's ministry resources page on the MinTools.com site helpful if you are looking for children's ministry helps.
Read more about grade schoolers and teacher training: Engaging Grade School Students in Bible Learning
General Grade School Teaching Resources
- Children's Ministry Smart Pages w/ CD-ROM - Book with Reproducible Articles & Forms by Gospel Light (See the Table of Contents on that page.)
- Teacher Training Smart Pages--Book and CD-ROM - Book with Reproducible Articles & Forms by Sheryl Haystead (See the Table of Contents on that page for articles included on elementary age level.)
- 3 Things Gradeschoolers Need to KNOW
- 3 Things Gradeschoolers Need to FEEL
- 3 Things Gradeschoolers Need to DO
- 3 Tips for Teaching Grade School Students
- 6 Tips That Will Make You a Better Large Group Communicator to Kids
- 7 Elements of a Great Children's Lesson
- 7 Things Not to Do When Teaching a Large Group of Kids
- 9 Strategies for Reaching Over-Churched Kids
- 10 Reasons Kids Can't Remember the Lessons You Taught Last Week
- 10 Reasons Why Your Lessons are Boring Kids to Death
- 10 Tips for Reaching the Hard to Reach Child
- A Place Grade School Children Want to Be
- A Place Grade School Children Don't Want to Be
- Does your children's class have the BLAs?
- Grade School Children & Scripture Memory
- Methods for Grade School Children
- Motivating Grade School Children to Learn
- Reaching At Risk Children
- Teach an Adult Book to Children? Why?
- Teach an Adult Book to Children? How?
- Why Children Need a High View of God
- Elementary Lesson Preparation & Presentation - by Liz Stein at the Children Desiring God Conference 2007 (scroll down on that page); The MP3 audio of these seminars may be listened to online or can be downloaded --Free! Handouts can also be printed for the seminars. - References and illustrations are made using a specific curriculum but the seminar is general enough that it can still be applicable to the use of other curriculum.
- Faith Comes by Hearing - by David & Sally Michael at the Children Desiring God Conference 2009 (scroll down on that page); The mp3 audio of these seminars may be listened to online or can be downloaded
- Teaching to Reach the Heart - by Ian Fry at the Children Desiring God Conference 2007 (scroll down on that page); The MP3 audio of these seminars may be listened to online or can be downloaded --Free! Handouts can also be printed for the seminars.
- Teacher Training On the Go Book with CD by Group Publishing - They say the CD includes "15 audio training sessions. You have our permission to make cassette or CD copies of this CD and hand out the copies to the volunteers at your church. Each session is approximately five minutes...." on working with children.
- 7 Ways of Teaching the Bible to Children: Using Our Multiple Intelligences to Build Faith by Barbara Bruce
- Everything You Want to Know About Teaching Children: Grades 1-6 by Barbara J. Bolton
- Focus on Children: A Handbook for Teachers by Dick Gruber
- Follow Me As I Follow Christ: A Guide to Teaching Children in Church by Barbara Bruce
- How to Do Bible Learning Activities: Grades 1-6 by Barbara J. Bolton
- Rock-Solid Kids: Giving Children a Biblical Foundation for Life by Larry Fowler
- Teaching with Heart: A Guide to Cherishing and Challenging Children in the Christian Classroom by Jody Capehart
- Tips For Teachers: Elementary compiled by Diana Golata & Nancy Karpenske
Group Training Session, In-House:
- In Step with the Master Teacher (CD-ROM) - BCM International -- 22 training sessions to prepare your teachers to disciple children as Jesus did: By modeling God's truth, by building relationships, and by teaching for response
- Children's Ministry Magazine - from Group Publishing for leaders and some for teaching
- Teaching the Bible to Children - by Ministry Tools Resource Center
If you do not have PowerPoint installed on your computer, you can download a free PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft's site. You can encourage teachers to download it as well if you wish to have teachers view it individually rather than in a group.
(Note: This is the same resource listed in the general section of the Early Childhood page. It is broad enough to be used with early childhood and grade school teachers.)
- Faith Comes by Hearing - by David & Sally Michael at the Children Desiring God Conference 2009 (scroll down on that page); The video of these seminars may be watched online or can be downloaded --Free!
More Grade School Resources: Primary (Grades 1-2), Juniors & Preteens (Grades 3-6)