Much of the responsibility for safety lies on the shoulders of church leadership to screen workers, develop policies that protect both students and teachers, and keep facilities up to code. However, teachers must also assume a good degree of responsibility as well. Make sure they understand their role. Too much is at stake to assume they would know what to do in potentially dangerous situations.
- Teacher Training Smart Pages - Book and CD-ROM - Book with Reproducible Articles & Forms by Sheryl Haystead (See the Table of Contents on that page for articles included on Safety.)
- 4 Types of Abuse and How to Spot Them
- Child Abuse Indicators
- Identification of Child Abuse & Neglect - not a Christian site but could find some helpful information
- Sunday School Safety and Security
- What You Need to Know About Check In and Check Out
- Classroom Safety Issues by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Physical security is only part of the classroom safety equation. In this three page worksheet Bible teachers think through ways they can make their classes safe physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, and spiritually.
Teacher Training Blog