Teacher Training Resources for Getting People into the Word
The benefits of the Bible as a source of authority and hope in students' lives is obvious. -- "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Tim. 3:16-17) Teachers need to learn to get beyond spoon-feeding students to helping students study the Word on their own.
To Read: Objective: Get Students into the Word on Their Own
- If the Bible is Accurate, Then What?
- If the Bible is from God, Then What?
- If the Bible is God's Word, Then What?
- If the Bible is Sacred, Then What?
- If the Bible is Unique, Then What?
Geared to Teaching Children:
- Tool for Children to Study the Bible
- Model for Children to Study the Bible
- 3 Ways to Encourage Kids to Dig Deep in Scripture
- 4 Ways to Get Kids Reading the Bible
- 5 Tips for Teaching Kids Using the Real Bible
- 8 Tips To Get Kids Into The Bible
- 15 Ways to Introduce the Bible to Preschoolers
- Children Learning to Use the Bible
- Equipping Children to Navigate the Bible
- Getting Kids into God's Word
- Help Kids Study the Bible on Their Own
- Helping Kids Navigate the Bible
- How to Get Kids Hooked on the Bible
- How to Get Preteens Excited About the Bible
- Teaching New Kids to Use the Bible
- Teaching Kids to Use Their Bibles (even before they can read)
- The B-I-B-L-E - How to make it the book for kids!
- There's an App for That
- Using the Bible with Preschoolers
- What Happened to the Bible?
Geared to Teaching Youth (Teens):
- Teaching Youth How to Study the Bible (Basic Checklist)
- Teens Study the Bible on Their Own?
- Teens Need the Foundation for Studying the Bible
- Teens Need the Right Motivation to Study the Bible
- Teens Need the Benefits for Studying the Bible
- Teens Love Jesus, but Not Reading the Bible - 3 Motivating Factors to Digging into God's Word
- Young People's Perception of the Bible
Geared to Teaching Adults:
- Adults Studying the Bible on Their Own
- Adults Studying the Bible: Wanting to Know the Author Helps
- Adults Studying the Bible: Finding It Useful Helps
- Adults Studying the Bible: Equipping Them Helps
- Developing Bible Skills in Children - by Jill Nelson at the Children Desiring God Conference (scroll down on that page); The MP3 audio of these seminars may be listened to online or can be downloaded --Free! Handouts can also be printed for the seminars.
- Leading Students to Feast on God's Word - by Jon Nowlin at the Children Desiring God Conference (scroll down on that page); The MP3 audio of these seminars may be listened to online or can be downloaded --Free! Handouts can also be printed for the seminars.
- Owning the Word - Teaching Youth to Study Scripture - by Brian Tabb at the Children Desiring God Conference (scroll down on that page); The MP3 audio of these seminars may be listened to online or can be downloaded --Free! Handouts can also be printed for the seminars.
For All Ages:
- Bookmarks: Books of the Bible Bookmarks
- Bookmarks: How To Use The Bible Bookmark
- Bulletin Board: Your Word Is a Lamp Mini Bulletin Board Set
- Bibles: Children's Bibles
- Book: 52 Ways to Teach Bible Reading by Nancy Williamson
- Book: Discover 4 Yourself, Children's Bible Study Series: How to Study Your Bible, for Kids by Kay Arthur
- Book: The Big Book of Bible Skills by Gospel Light
- Book: What the Bible Is All About Handbook for Kids: Bible Handbook for Kids by Frances Blankenbaker, Henrietta C. Mears
- Bookmarks: Books Of The Bible Bookmark (Children Design)
- Chart: Books of the Bible Chart
- Chart: The Books of the Bible Chart
- Chart: Using The Bible Learning Chart
- Tool: Acrostic of BIBLE - You are permitted to print this for children to help them know how to study the Bible.
- Tool: Books of the Bible Memory Card
- Tool: Printable Bible Reading Chart for Kids
- Bibles: Teen Bibles
- Book: Devour: Consuming the Word of God by Jayson French, Mark Moore
- Book: Totally Infatuated: Pursuing a Life-Changing Passion for God's Word by Jacqueline Pierre
- DVD: The Word: See it. Experience It. Believe It. by Group
- Bibles: Bibles
- Bibles: Bibles for Men
- Bibles: Bibles for Women
- Bible Highlighting: Bible Highlighters & Marking Kits
- Book: The New Joy of Discovery by Oletta Wald (also has a Teacher's Guide)
- The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students in Regard to the Word of God by Ministry Tools Resource Center
This worksheet can stand alone or be used in conjunction with the Teacher's Role in Discipling Students PowerPoint presentation as a break-out session or independent study.
You Might Also Be Interested In: Scripture Memorization Teacher Training Resources