Offer new Bible teachers plenty of support and encouragement. This experience could either fuel their passion for teaching or derail them. Increase the potential by providing pre-service training as well as continued in-service training.
- Take-Out Training for Teachers by Group Publishing - Book with Reproducible Articles; The first 4 sections would be good for new teachers: Take-Out Training for Teachers, Personal Preparation, Managing Expectations, When Things Don't Go as Planned
- 5 Tips for the First-Time Teacher
- Attitudes and Perspectives Not Just Skills
- How To Teach The Bible: For Beginners
- Tips for New Teachers
- Teaching Ministry Manual - A Teaching Ministry Primer - by Ministry Tools Resource Center
This manual provides an overview for teaching the Word of God looking at areas like what make effective Bible teaching, what to look for in curriculum, how to be the kind of teacher who makes a difference, the basics of classroom discipline, teaching methods, and more. While veteran teachers might benefit from it, the content best suits new or prospective teachers to introduce them to some of the elements involved in teaching.
- Understanding Teaching by Gregory C. Carlson - Evangelical Training Association
- What Every Sunday School Teacher Should Know Book by Elmer Towns
Teacher Training Blog