Still at a very impressionable age, pre-primary age children need a good spiritual foundation laid in their lives as they prepare to go to school where they will experience teaching and attitudes contrary to God's Word. Bible teachers and other children's workers of pre-school children, ages 4-5 and kindergarteners, have a pivotal role in their lives.
Pre-School, Ages 4-5, Teachers Training Resources
- Teaching Preschoolers: First Steps Toward Faith - Leader Training Guide by Thomas Sanders, Mary Ann Bradberry - "This book is designed to help preschool teachers understand how preschoolers learn and what teaching methods are best. It also helps teachers understand the importance of laying strong spiritual foundations in the lives of preschoolers and helping them take their first steps toward faith."
- A Year of Preschool Crafts With Patterns by Standard Publishing
- Bible Learning Games: Ages 4 & 5 by Rainbow Books
- Preschool Bible Learning Centers by Shining Star Publications
- Preschool Lessons to Learn about Jesus by Shining Star Publications
- Bibles For Ages 3 to 5 years - Beginners & Preschoolers
- Picture Books for Ages 3-5
- Toys for Ages 3-5 years
- Age Level Characteristics: Early Childhood Module Download by Ministry Tools Resource Center
One of the three early childhood age levels included in this resource relates to pre-primary aged children (ages 4-5). For this age level you will find an introductory article about that age level, a one page overview of their age level characteristics, and a worksheet with the characteristics to use to assess one's teaching in light of their implications and determine steps to take to improve. The following article title represents this age level:
- I am a Pre-Primary Child.
(This module is from the Age Level Characteristics Download which includes 11 age brackets from infants to older adults.)
More on Early Childhood: General - Infants - Toddlers
Teacher Training Blog